Field 动物控制 will respond to calls for service within the jurisdictions of Bayou Vista, 希区柯克, Kemah, 拉品牌, 提基岛, 圣达菲, Clear Lake Shores and the unincorporated areas of Galveston County. 提供的服务:
- Dispatch calls for service to certified animal control officers
- Calls for service are responded to based upon the level of the priority
- Investigate animal bites on humans and other animals and assure the proper quarantine of these animals
- Investigate civil animal cruelty (improper shelter, no food, no water, etc.)
- Investigate, document and brief animal services manager on potential dangerous dog declarations
The City of Texas City maintains its own animal control dispatch. 可以打409.643.5720.
知道被动物咬伤造成擦伤的人, 刮伤, 穿刺, 眼泪, or piercing of the skin that causes bleeding or 刮伤 to an individual shall report the incident or animal to the local rabies control authority, 动物所在的地方, 或者暴露在什么地方. Animals required to be confined shall be quarantined at the 加尔维斯顿县动物资源中心, 兽医诊所或国家批准的检疫机构. The quarantine period shall be at least ten (10) days or 240 hours from time of bite. If the Health Authority or designee determines that a quarantined animal does not show the clinical signs of rabies, the Health Authority or designee shall release the animal to its owner when the quarantine period ends if the owner has a valid rabies vaccination certificate or the animal is vaccinated by a licensed veterinarian at the owner's expense. County registration is also required to be completed at time of release.
Every owner shall exercise proper care and control of his or her animal by keeping the animal restrained and not allowing the animal to become a stray. 每只流浪动物都是公害. 野外动物管理 receives and responds to animal public nuisances that involve dogs and cats. Local municipalities and/or the county’s sheriff office handle livestock that are public nuisances. 野外动物管理 personnel respond to some but not all wildlife nuisances and may request assistance from other governmental agencies and/or a certified wildlife rehabilitation. 对公众有害的动物的定义是:
- Any animal that turns over garbage containers or scatters garbage or which otherwise damages private or public property
- 任何狗, 牲畜或家禽 at large or free-roaming off of private property owned or controlled by the owner of said dog, 牲畜或家禽
- 任何吠叫的动物, 苛责, 过度地嚎叫或发出其他声音或噪音, 时尚:持续的或不合时宜的时尚
- 任何建筑, 房间, 笼子里, 养犬, 院子里, run or any other place or facility where animals are kept or harbored which is not maintained in a clean and sanitary condition so as to prevent obnoxious odors, 的吸引力, 苍蝇的繁殖或潜在的繁殖, 的吸引力, harboring or breeding of rodents or potential breeding of rodents or the creation of any other public health nuisances
If you would like to report a public nuisance involving an animal, please call 409-948-2485.
拨打409.948.2485向野外动物管理中心报告. 受伤的动物 impounded by the field animal control officer will be assessed by management and the staff veterinary technician. The ARC does not have a veterinarian on staff and is unable to provide medical care.
Animal owners are responsible for taking the animal to a veterinarian. Galveston County 澳门葡京网赌游戏信誉网址 cannot provide veterinary care for owned animals.
The owner of each domestic dog or cat shall have the animal vaccinated against rabies by four months of age as required in Chapter 169 of the Texas Administrative Code Rule 169.29. The animal must receive a booster within the twelve-month interval following initial vaccination. Every domestic dog or cat must be re-vaccinated against rabies at a minimum of at least once every three years with a rabies vaccine licensed by the United States Department of Agriculture. The vaccine must be administered by a state licensed vet and according to label recommendations. Official rabies vaccination certificates shall be issued by the vaccinating veterinarian.
ARC动物管理人员执行 澳门葡京网赌游戏信誉网址政策. 你应留意的规例:
- Restraint, Impoundment and Disposition of Dogs and Cats (Health District Policy: Section 7)
- Anti-tethering Law (Health District Policy: Section 7, Subsection F)
- Reporting of Rabies Suspects (Health District Policy: Section 8)
- Number of Dogs and Cats Limited (Health District Policy: Section 9)
- Cruelty to Animals and Dog Fighting (Health District Policy: Section 10)
- Releasing or Abandonment of Animals (Health District: Section 18)
虐待动物是一种严重的罪行，可以被起诉. In many cases animal cruelty investigations require law enforcement assistance. 有些人可能会虐待动物，如果他们:
如果动物必须被扣押作为虐待调查的一部分, the animal control officer assists law enforcement in the removal of animals during a law enforcement directed seizure, assists in the transportation of the animals to a licensed veterinarian for an evaluation of the animal’s health and welfare, 根据要求, house and provide care for all animals obtained during a seizure.