Diabetes Mellitus Management
Community Education Class
Galveston County Health District is happy to offer its free type 2 diabetes community education classes to the public.
- M.I. Lewis Social 服务
215 FM 517 Road East, Dickinson
June 13, July 11, 8月. 9月15日. 10月12日,. 11月10日,. 12月14日,. 12
- Wright Cuney Recreation Center
718 41st 街,加尔维斯顿
Hear from our public health nurses as they talk about diabetes, including:
- Tips for managing and living with diabetes
- Why monitoring your blood glucose levels is important
- Laboratory monitoring
- Feelings you may have after a recent diabetes diagnosis
For help with diabetes management, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthy Aging Initiative
Join our Healthy Aging Initiative! Our public health nurses are offering free senior classes for all ages. Each class covers a different topic. Classes are held on the last Friday of the month at the Nessler Senior Center.
- Nessler Senior Center
2010第五大道北., Texas City, TX 77591
7月28日. 9月25日,. 29
- July 28 - Mental Health as We Age
- 8月. 25 -护肤
- 9月. 29 -营养
Public Health Nursing
Our Public Health Nursing division protects the health and well-being of the community by working in partnership with health district programs, residents and organizations to help ensure healthy lives. Public health nurses provide home follow-up care, immunizations for homebound patients, health education and referral of clients to appropriate agencies for assistance.
- Preventive health and community education is provided on request to schools, 教堂, civic organizations and health fairs. 请求 us at your event by filling out 这种形式.
- 首页 visits/referrals: Acute and chronic illness education, nursing or home assessment, flu/pneumonia shots for homebound patients.
- Assists in the formation of faith-based health initiatives, local coalitions.
- Coordinates and participates in community groups.
新型冠状病毒肺炎 Vaccine 首页bound Program
The health district is happy to offer 新型冠状病毒肺炎 vaccines through our homebound program. Anyone who is homebound and would like to receive a vaccine may call us at 409-938-2389 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Our team of nurses and support staff will come to your home to administer the vaccine.
For further assistance, please contact Community Health 服务 Program Manager Gretchen Gray, RN在409.978.4046.